CALL 01282 812 292

A- | A | A+

Free School Meals

Free School Meals

Education Benefits

If you have a child at school you may be able to claim benefits from Lancashire County Council’s Education Information Service, for link please click here

Free School Meals

Can my children have free school meals?
Yes, if you receive

  • Income Support (IS)
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
  • Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (IB-JSA)
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit 'run on'- the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

Then your child will be entitled to free school meals or any of your children under 16 years of age on 1 September 2016 who attend school.

How do I claim?


You can complete the online form to register, please click here

By phone

If you have not claimed for free school meals for your child before ring your local area education office.

It must be the person claiming the benefit that rings.

You will need to provide your name, date of birth and national insurance number.  They will confirm whether you are entitled immediately over the telephone. 

By Post

Download the application form from the website and return it to your local area education office

You can get an application form from the office at school, or contact the Area Education Office, 44 Union Street, Accrington, BB5 1PL, telephone 01254 220717 and ask for Jill Simpson.  If your child already receives free school meals and your circumstances are unchanged, school will be automatically informed by the Education office to continue your child's entitlement when he/she transfers to West Craven.